cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled within 14 days, still received bill

Hwils8
Fledgling

I took out a rolling 30 day contract on 3 for 5G Home Broadband. The router arrived and I established that same day that my flat is just outside of the 5G area despite their coverage map, so I requested the account closed. A returns bag was sent and I returned the kit promptly. I used the service for about 30 minutes while I tried to establish a 5G signal somewhere in my flat, and took out the SIM card and never used it again within an hour of receiving the router. 

I've just received a notice of my bill to be taken on 4th October - a pro-rata for the first month, plus October. I was clear on the phone when I cancelled, and it was agreed, that no payment would be taken for any data used since it was all for testing purposes (less than 100mb likely). 

I know there's a whole 'final bill' generation to happen, and realistically the full amount should be refunded in the next bill, but I've dealt with 3 taking money they shouldn't have before and it took months to sort out, so would it be unwise to simply cancel my direct debit before the first payment is taken?

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there.

It's likely that the bill generated on the account before the Hub was received and the cancellation completed. If that's the case, the final bill would generate correcting the over payment as you mentioned. 

Cancelling the direct debit isn't recommended unless the team have advised you to. The system is automated and would detect it as a late payment.

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.