cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pay using three pay

Mcooper
Fledgling

Hi there, recently I have had my credit limit increased after I paid my bill early through debit card. Ever since those two things happened I haven’t been able to make a payment using my mobile number via three pay. I have tried about 10ish different sites/companies. 

I have contacted support so many times I have lost count they are saying that it’s not an issue on three’s end. However I have also contacted the companies I’m trying to make the payment to, they have also told me it is not on their end. 

My conclusion is there is an issue with making the payment from three to said company, and three just can’t see the issue. It’s been about a week since I’ve had this issue and haven’t moved any step closer to resolving it. Any help by anyone who may have experienced this in the past or have an idea of what I can try to resolve this I would be greatly appreciative.

best regards,

Matthew.

11 REPLIES 11
kaikell22
Fledgling

I am having the same issue - it's currently being investigated.. apparently.

Kelly83
Fledgling

I'm having this exact problem and getting nowhere 3 are blaming my game sight but I get a text everytime saying you don't have enough credit when I just paid the bill

lufcmagic
Fledgling

It's definitely an issue at their side but no one wants to take ownership. Been going on for a while - I've had a week of speaking to different people on support and all they can say is there's no issue with my account (I know this) and they'll escalate it and get back to me in 24 hours, 48 hours, 5 days...

Surely if this was flagged as an issue a month or two ago, there would already be an answer. Shambles.

blokefromhull
Fledgling

Same issue here. Tried about five different services and all failing, including play store subscriptions. Definitely a Three issue but support can't find it. They even tried increasing my credit limit which wasnt hit anyway but still doesnt work. Ive never had so many issues with Three since their "upgrade" (downgrade) which has completely messed up the four phones i pay for

blokefromhull
Fledgling

Well over a month now and nobody at customer services can see a problem. They claim it's been escalated but nobody has been in touch and the problem persists. Still having other issues with my account too. They've really dropped the ball with the supposed upgrade on their backend systems...

Ayse
Fledgling

I don’t have any credit to buy something with my three number I used to before why can’t I now 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ayse,

Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble making payments with Three Pay. Are you referring to your PAYG credit, or are you on contract and getting a message referring to your credit limit when you try to make the purchase?

If you can let me know a bit more, I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

TwoRz29
Regular

Hey Jonathan, i have the same error messages, ive used three pay for years paying for things through google play and my playstation and now i cant do anything constantly says "service temporarily unavailable".  ANd ive spoken to many customers service assistants and they all say its all sorted, turn your phone off and itll be all fine.............still waiting for it to work. No looking at paying off my contract and going to EE as its annoying/boring constantly getting nowhere

TheCatholic
Fledgling

Hi,

So I've been using Three Pay for years, no problems. Then as of last week I get an error message saying "Payment couldn't be authorised. Please contact my payment provider." So I open a case with Three, who try and tell me it's an issue with Microsoft. I use my other Three account to make the payment, to prove to them it's an issue with my Three account; nothing to do with Microsoft! After I get sent to the Billings Team who tell me it's definitely a Three account issue. They send me to the Technical Team, who tell me their is no account issue, so it must be a billing error. I have spent the last 2+ hours being passed from the Billing Team to the Technical Team like a damn boomerang. Someone from the Escalation Team is, apparently, going to call me back tomorrow to find out whats going on! 

So glad my contract with Three is almost up! When I told EE, they offered me a network transfer package!