cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge

NJ
Fledgling

I’m abroad in Go Roam Europe destinations, and received a text this morning saying I’ve reached my 12GB limit, followed 1 minute later by a text saying that I’ve started a new billing cycle and that my roaming limit of £45 has been refreshed. Does this mean my 12GB is refreshed ? 

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NJ,

The 12GB refreshes on your bill cycle date the same as your Data Roaming Limit and any other allowances on your plan, so I expect it's more likely that you've got your full 12GB to use, unless there's been a lot of data downloaded between midnight and receiving the text this morning.

If there's any doubt, you can log into the Three App and check the View all allowances, then view all data usage section to get an idea of your up to date usage.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Hi @JonathanB 

So, there are three separate things that must be attended to if you want to roam without problems:

1) Spend Cap

2) Credit Limit

3) Data Roaming Limit

Is that correct ?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Those are 3 things that could impact some one who is roaming, yes. 

The Spend Limit is chosen by the user. It's the main control most will interact with when they need to spend more or less. To avoid relying on this, Daily Go Roam Passes are best. Users can purchase these for their trip, and they won't need to worry about increasing their spend cap, unless they want to use something that's chargeable like extra data. 

The Credit Limit is not selected by the user initially. Users will have a set limit given at the start of the contract, I believe this is set based on the credit check. Generally most people shouldn't have to worry about this setting unless they have requested that it be changed to something lower in the past, such as setting it to £0. 

The Data Roaming Limit is also not set by the user initially, but is set to £45 at the start of the contract automatically. This is a set limit to prevent uncontrolled spending on internet services. It's most useful in situations where the user is not in a Go Roam destination, as Data in some of those destinations can be several £ per MB. Generally, this isn't something users usually have to interact with either unless they want to spend more than £45 per month specifically on Data while Roaming. 

In short though, most people should only have to deal with the Spend Limit, and having Data Roaming Passes would mean that those users don't even have to deal with that. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.