cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for non EU roaming when I had an E-sim?

Lizzie1
Fledgling

My most recent phone bill was a lot higher than I was expecting. The main charge was non EU roaming. I had an e-sim while I was away in Albania in June which I used the whole time I was there. Am I meant to be charged from 3 when I used my e-sim the whole time? And why am I only just seeing this in July’s bill when it should have shown the month before? Anyone had this??

4 REPLIES 4
tarantella
Rising star

Did you have data roaming switched off?

If not, that might be the issue

Lizzie1
Fledgling

Hey thanks for the reply, I’m pretty sure i had it switched off for three, as per Airalo’s instructions.

MZone
Maestro

‘Pretty sure’ is not good enough to determine who is at fault here. Check your roaming data usage on your account. If it’s tiny amounts of data then could be a Three issue. If not then unfortunately it’s down to you. 

KevinL
Active

Yes - just had some random roaming service charges for 3 days out of a 2 week holiday to Malaysia. Was using a Truphone eSIM and definitely had data roaming switched off the whole time, but on 3 occasions my bill shows I used 0.0009mb of data, which is so minuscule it can’t have been anything other than some sort of network packet trying to establish a connection which obviously won’t work as roaming is switched off. Tried getting Three Customer service to investigate this but they were useless and said it was my fault and the proof was there on my bill.  This appears to be a more common issue than people realise, but Three are ignoring it and just making us customers pay for their problem in the form of roaming service access charges (£5.83 a day in my case).