Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused By Samsung Watch 6 Offering

confusedbythree
Fledgling

Firstly, hello! 

I'm very confused with the Samsung Watch 6 offering.

So I want one, I already had a S23 Ultra on an "advanced plan" that I have around 21 months left on the contract.

If I try and order one online, it asks me to login first, then says I can only order the watch on a pairing plan for £5-7 a month on top of the watch cost, fine. But it errors out everytime I try and order.

So I tried with online chat sales who said they can only process the order if I take out an additional SIM for 24 months so I'd end up with watch cost + £5-7 a/m pairing cost + £6 a/m for the cheapest SIM (3GB Lite) cost and the watch would be paired to the 3GB plan.

Why can't I either A: take out a device with eSIM plan separate like you can with every other network, or B: just tie the pairing with my current contract (which costs the same as eSIMs on other networks)?

I read that the pairing has to be same length or less as your current plan... So surely the 1 month pairing plan at £7 would be ok?

Why is it so confusing and awkward to order?

Especially when the website only lets me try and order on pairing to my current plan and chat says it cannot be ordyer on pairing unless I take out a second plan and pair it to that?

And if I'm taking out a second plan, why isn't that directly for the watch and not a plan I have to pay twice to use?

If anyone from sales can figure this out and contact me, that'll be fine. Or least explain it better? So far it's a better choice to buy the device on a different network.

Also, in My Three, it shows 2 orders, one cancelled that I tried online, and one acknowledged for a chat order I've not agreed to yet as I'm still confused by the additional SIM thing. What happens to that?

1 REPLY 1
confusedbythree
Fledgling

Nevermind Three, I've bought one somewhere else 👍