cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract being rejected

CherR13
Fledgling

I applied for a contract with affordable mobiles who couldn’t honour the handset so cancelled the order and reordered with Fonehouse. They managed to mess up the order and my sims for my son and daughter went through but my handset contract got cancelled. I tried to reorder and keep being declined, I have great credit and money in the bank, I’ve used the same bank and lived at the same address for well over a decade and no issues of missed payments or large debts so this is obviously some kind of fraud or system issue. How am I supposed to resolve this? Customer services mess me around for an hour before telling me that they can’t help and I’m now stuck on Vodafone with both of my kids (paid by me!) contracts transferred to three.

5 REPLIES 5
Geluk
Key player

This has nothing to do with 3, rather the retailers you chose to use.

CherR13
Fledgling

It has everything to do with three as they are the ones rejecting the application. Their system is flagging my application as fraudulent and I need them to clear this and resolve but cannot get to speak to anyone who can do this. Although strangely they are constantly calling me trying to sell me additional contracts.
choose to use, retailers offering the best price, if that was three I’d be ordering directly.

sc1999
Local celebrity

You are correct. Third party retailers rely on the network accepting you. I use Affordable Mobiles and I have bought 3, Vodafone and O2 contracts and all networks carried out credit checks before accepting my business. There is a way to appeal but I cannot remember what it is. this is what 3 have to say:

Failing a credit check

Sometimes, the data we find on a credit check doesn't meet our criteria. Although that means we can't give you a Pay Monthly plan, you can still join us on Pay As You Go.

There maybe a specific reason why you may be failing a credit check, such as not living in the UK for 3 years or more. Please give us a call on 0800 033 8001 and we’ll see what we can do to help.

MZone
Key player

When I used to sell mobiles for example on Vodafone they would only let you take 1 or 2 contracts on a credit check. After you paid 3 months bills on time with no issues they used to let you take another. All to do with credit scoring set by the network. 

garetc
Involved

You might have hit velocity with the network/credit checks.  You shouldn't keep applying as it could negative impact on your credit score. 

You can either call 3 and see if the credit referrals team can help or wait 3 months and try again.