cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract upgrade, terrible service

jimmyybob
Fledgling

I’m having a complete nightmare trying to upgrade, made worse by unhelpful team members.

I currently own an iPhone 7 and last year switched to a business account.

I didn’t fully realise I had signed into a 24month data only contract, but that’s fine as it’s a good price for data only.

The problem now is they won’t let me upgrade my handset as my contract still has 9months left.

Can I just buy another phone direct from Apple/Samsung and use my existing sim and carry on.???

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

I see no reason why not as a phone bought direct from Apple, Samsung or an independent seller will give you problems as they will be unlocked. My unlocked phone has 3 and Vodafone sims.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jimmyybob,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to upgrade. If the phone you buy is unlocked then there shouldn't be an issue with this. Many customers prefer to use SIM only and purchase from 3rd parties, or the manufacturers directly.

I'd just caution you on PAYG handsets, as some retailers like the supermarkets do sell phones with PAYG SIMs that are locked to the network of the SIM provided with it. So best to doublecheck this at the point of sale.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here