cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming not working in the USA

gail381
Fledgling

Hi there. I'm in the US and I can't use the Internet data. I have data roaming set up on my phone and I have international roaming on my account. Can anyone suggest why? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Gail,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to access data from the USA. You usually ought to be able to connect with no issues as long as you've got roaming active, and data roaming switched on in the settings. You should also check in the network or carrier settings and make sure "network selection" is set to automatic.

Another potential issue in the US is that they've started switching off the older 3G networks, can you confirm your phone works on 4G or 5G, and is picking up that type of signal?

Let us know if any of this helps, and if there's any particular error messages you're getting when you try to connect. If you're still not able to connect let us know.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Hitz14
Fledgling

I have the same problem connection my 3 Uk is not working even after doing all the steps up 

GawainGK
Regular

I had the same problem.  Three "support" couldn't fix it.  they just said to increase spending limit, which seems to be their playbook

we're having exactly the same issue in the Netherlands right now.  Again, Three 'support' can't fix it.   we've done all the settings, resets, power cycles etc and increased spending limit (tho we'll be moving both business and home phones away from Three asap after this) - no effect.  any advice from fellow victims welcome.  

Tvb
Fledgling

Same here. My eSIM for a German number is connecting to US services just fine. My three sim is not. Challenging when family is texting on my UK number. 

three- this seems to be a recurring issue that needs to be investigated. I travel a lot and don’t have this issue outside of the USA. Have followed the points above, have a new iPhone and even went to an Apple Store in the US who said it was the mobile provider vs a phone issue. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

There are different levels of roaming access on the system. The first is no roaming access at all. The next is roaming in the EU, and the next is roaming in all around the world destinations. 

It's possible that somethings gone wrong in the process of enabling your roaming and the further out roaming hasn't been enabled properly.

It might be worth popping through to the support team and asking them to toggle the roaming off, and then back on again. Hopefully the next time you're in the USA, you'll have access.

Pete.