cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed delivery, still paying

Rens91
Fledgling

So, I upgraded yesterday via the app. All said next day delivery, if ordered before 8pm. I completed the order in the morning. Just double checked my confirmation email, to see that the delivery date is for the 26th October. My new contract begins on the 8th. My first payment for the upgraded contract is the 27th October… So I have to pay for a month of a new contract, for a new phone, that I will have for all of 1 day…And the live chat guy I spoke to was adamant for me to cancel the upgrade…Anything I can do to potentially help not pay for them weeks I don’t have the phone? Possibly pay my existing rate untill the nee device arrives?

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rens91, welcome to Three Community. 

I'm really sorry the confirmed delivery date of your new device is so much later than the estimate. We will always work to provide next day delivery, but this does depend on stock availability. What device (including storage size and colour) did you choose to upgrade to? 

You bill is generated for the month in advance, so the payment you make on the 27th of October will cover your line rental from the 8th of October until the 8th of November. I do understand your hesitation to start paying before your phone is delivered, but there isn't a way to defer the start of your new contract I'm afraid. You'll have access to your new allowances from your next bill date, and the delivery delay won't impact the 24 month length of the contract.

If you did want to stop your new upgrade tariff from kicking in, the only way to do this would be to cancel the upgrade. Of course, we hope it wouldn't come to that. How were things left at the end of your webchat? Did the advisor confirm that 26th October delivery date was correct?

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rens91, welcome to Three Community. 

I'm really sorry the confirmed delivery date of your new device is so much later than the estimate. We will always work to provide next day delivery, but this does depend on stock availability. What device (including storage size and colour) did you choose to upgrade to? 

You bill is generated for the month in advance, so the payment you make on the 27th of October will cover your line rental from the 8th of October until the 8th of November. I do understand your hesitation to start paying before your phone is delivered, but there isn't a way to defer the start of your new contract I'm afraid. You'll have access to your new allowances from your next bill date, and the delivery delay won't impact the 24 month length of the contract.

If you did want to stop your new upgrade tariff from kicking in, the only way to do this would be to cancel the upgrade. Of course, we hope it wouldn't come to that. How were things left at the end of your webchat? Did the advisor confirm that 26th October delivery date was correct?

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Rens91
Fledgling

Thank you for your response. A lot more detailed and informative than the web chat I had. Never got told any confirmation of the delivery date. Just what was in the confirmation email. I chose the Iphone 14 Pro Max 512gb in black.

The web advisor never answered me straight about the bill at all, unlike yourself who has explained it all in one simple message. After multiple backwards and forwards with the advisor, who was persistent that I cancel the upgrade, I said thank you and left it at that.

I appreciate your informative and in depth reply to my issue. Thank you