cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit not taken

Alexh1234
Fledgling

My direct debit was not collected this month despite there being no changes being made to this. I have not changed bank accounts and when I have checked the direct debit set up on here, the account details are correct. Does anyone know why this is? I have tried to contact the Livechat on multiple occasions and each time it says 'no operators available'.

Best solution
Best solution
Eddie91
Fledgling

I’ve had the same. When I phoned they told me they’d try again in 7 days. Annoying as I had money in the account 

View solution in conversation

26 REPLIES 26
LCCL
Fledgling

I had this same issue, my May 2023 direct debit was not collected. Three assured me they would sort it, I continued to receive threatening messages stating that I would have my phone disconnected for failure to pay. I made a complaint and received minimal compensation. 

Be aware...My credit report has been affected as Three have reported it as a missed payment. My credit score has now reduced and this will have a major affect going forwards when trying to obtain things like a mortgage. Check your credit reports!

Madmelly76
Regular

My credit score has also been affected by this error. My credit karma score has dropped by 30 points taking me to fair instead of good. I am livid!! When I spoke to them over chat a couple of weeks ago they said it wouldn't affect my score as it's a known problem. Three needs to sort this! I've raised a dispute with transunion so I suppose I'll have to wait and see what they say. 

ALRogerson
Fledgling

Same thing happening to me. Last 4 payments I made online. I'm losing the £5 discount, so not happy. I won't volunteer anymore payment, it sounds like my credit is already affected so they can cut me off or sort out the debit themselves. I won't pay cancellation fee. Also, the CPI charge increases are a joke. If they cut me off, I'll send the phone back. Customer services not helpful. Also paid for roaming and phone did not work in France. Settings correct and did everything the operator told me, still no reason as to why it did not work. Gave up and paid for a sim contract in France. I'm ready to go pay as you go.

lewismckenzie19
Fledgling

Do you want to know why they don't fix the Direct Debit processing system?
It's because they want more money.
I had some crazy charges for not paying my bills even though I had the funds in my bank and a direct debit set up. They hit my credit score HARD too.
We're also charged an additional £5 if we're not paying with direct debit, so this sums up their agenda.

kelal67
Fledgling

I have just found this thread which mirrors my experience. I noticed that my credit score has been adversely affected by two missed payment to Three, August 2023 and October 2023. I have had a direct debit with them since 2014, and it seems they did not take the monthly amount, than report me to the credit reference agency missed paymeny. Incidentally, I was never contacted to say the payment had been missed. I changed my phone on August 15 2023 but retained the direct debit. I am not getting much help from Three, and will contact the ombudsman if necessary. 

Ir
Fledgling

I've tried same issue as they keep effecting my bank.account three times attempted speak via live chat nothing finally not a computer or automated they then cut me off mid chat meanwhile my credit score has dropped 31 points thanks to three and let's just say extremely unhappy 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ir,

I'm sorry to hear this, can you explain a little bit more about what's been happening? Has the Direct Debit never worked/been set up, or did we stop taking payment, and there's still a Direct Debit instruction showing on your banking?

Let me know and I'll do my best to help or point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.