cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill

OldBird
Fledgling

I switched to a new provider on 4 Jun (switch day) and was told when I called in to a Three Store to clarify switching process beforehand, not to cancel my DD myself. I understood that there would be no overlap of payments under OFCOM guidelines on switching. I paid out a DD on 22 May, but then again on 23 June. I wasn’t expecting to pay another full DD when switch was 4 June. I had a refund but that was worked out before the 2nd DD on 23 June. I have received two bills since, neither very clear, and neither classed as a final bill. I feel I have had an extra DD taken off me! Can anyone clarify please?

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Old Bird. 

I'm disappointed to see the process of moving to another provider hasn't gone smoothly. 

It's strange that you've received a refund and been billed twice since then. I'll drop you a message so that we can arrange to look into that further for you. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ledzepgreg
Fledgling

I've recently cancelled my PAYG unlimited 5g home hub account with Three. My bill date was around the 11th of each month, I cancelled my subscription around the 21st of July after several attempts calling their customer support I cancelled my account and told I would pay another month In front. Come August 10 I was asked to pay another full month which I did.....now received a refund (August 26th) for 98 pence and SIm not working.....so what's this extra month payment for, my account is paid forward not behind, surely then my paid up account would end around 11th September?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ledzepgreg,

Sorry to hear about the confusion with your bills. This is a difficult one for us to determine exactly what's went on from the Community forums, as we don't have access to your account here. Your bills will be in advance, e.g a bill produced on the 1st covers till the 30th/31st, but the due date of the bill will be 10 or 19 days after the bill is produced, so you'll always be paying partly in advance, and partly in arrears.

My best advice would be to login to your My3, and get the itemised bill which should help you see the precise dates, but it sounds like you've received a small pro-rata refund and the account is now cancelled.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.