cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud accounts set up from wifes bank

KB007
Fledgling

Hi

just had 4 bills for fraudulent accounts opened in my wife and I's name. despite her bank flagging and refunding charges, and K speaking to Three two weeks ago, where they said it will be sorted.

I have just spent best part of two hours speaking to Customer service who want to send a OTP to the account number or email before they will discuss!!! doh.. then asking for my DOB (I do not have an account) despite supplying them with Action fraud number and (wrong) address of postcode account set up - three customer service will not tell me if this has been passed to their fraud dept. they then closed chat window..

someone explain to me why they want my DOB? the fact that is seems so easy to set up fake accounts, I would rather not give my personal details to said company...

any help or suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

Try sending a Direct Message via social media.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KB007,

I'm sorry to hear about these fraudulent accounts, this sounds like a really frustrating situation, and I can totally appreciate that you're feeling cautious about disclosing information after this has happened.

Whenever we open an investigation the more information we can gather the better we can establish evidence of a fraud, plus if we're going to have ongoing contact about an investigation we do need some security information to use on future calls or chats, so the advisor raising the case does need to confirm your actual date of birth as these may not match on a fraudulent account.

I'll PM you some info to get you in touch with some colleagues that can ensure the case has been raised, and to chase an update for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.