cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Price in app wrong

jackis23
Fledgling

Hi,

I am a new customer with three, I signed up for a £19/plan with unlimited data. I contacted three yesterday to get an eSim (my contact start date) and was told even though it was my start date I couldn't get a sim yet which alone was strange as I am paying from yesterday for a service but let's brush over that.

Today I received an eSim after waiting 8hours for the confirmation code email, apparently instant doesn't mean instant anymore...

Since logging into my three, after finally activating my account, when going to "Manage Service" or "Change Plan" on my three, it shows my plan as being a £34.85/plan substantial more than the £19 plan I agreed to (My contact from three clearly states my monthly cost at £19/mo)

I have rang three support, who told me they can't see my monthly price as my first bill hasn't generated and this could take up to 20 days! I only get a 14 days calling off period...

Should I just ring three cancellations and cancel my plan now and use another network provider who can give me a price and show the right price in the app from day one? Right now I'm worried I will be overcharged and stuck with a ridiculously high contract £34.85 for sim only would be ridiculous!! I could get a sim and phone for thst price. Or do I let it play out and if the app price is correct have to go through threes complaints process to get it fixed. This isn't a special price or a promo price, the contract explicitly says no discounts so £19 should be the total cost showing on the app to right??

Below shows the price part of my contract and my app, any ideas what I should do?

Screenshot_20230725_195701_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_195508_Chrome.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Avondale
Rising star

@jackis23 

If you have an absolutely unequivocal contract, I would stick with Three. You will be protected by the Direct Debit guarantee and your local Trading Standards might also be interested in supporting you. 

If you don't want that hassle, then exiting the contract and starting again is the other option.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jackis23,

I'm sorry to hear that the info you've been seeing on your account doesn't seem to be matching up. I'm sure we can get this sorted out though.

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.