cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent contracts in my name

Coburn01
Fledgling

Hi all 

I have received notice from credit agencies and bank that 5 new contracts have been set up in my name!. On calling THREE they are unable to use the reference numbers attached to the new direct debit mandates. These numbers are written by THREE staff to identify the accounts in future. THREE are saying they MUST begin with a number 9 but all five of my new accounts begin with 1100*********. They are 13 digits long instead of twelve. Does anyone have a clue if perhaps different products sold will start with a different digit?. I cannot resolve anything as the bank only repeats the same reference numbers and then THREE says it Cant work with them and they don't compute??. These crooks started two credit agreements on 17 Feb, two on 22 Feb and one on 21 Feb. I'm stressed to hell and need help. 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Contact the police.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Coburn01,

I appreciate this must be very distressing, we'll do our best to help get this sorted out.

As you've said we have a couple of different account number formats, so it sounds like you may have reached a team that doesn't have access to those accounts. I'll help you get in touch with a team that can help with this.

I've sent a private message to your community account that will refer you to further assistance. To view your private messages click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.