cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Smart Watch service for existing customers

-JAY-
Regular

I’ve been a Three Customer for 18 years. I've read a number of reasons on this forum why existing customers @Mathew and @Amy2709 and their Samsung Watches can't work, this is my experience, all so far are untrue. 

I'm out of contract, so earlier this month I sign up to a new 24 month contract and add Smart Watch pairing. (Reason 1 given for why this doesn’t work, new plan, ticked).

Sir you have to wait till bill date roll over”. OK, wait till bill date roll over, still doesn’t work. (Reason 2 covered).

Sir have you tried rebooting devices and is the watch connected by Bluetooth. (yes) Sorry sir we can’t help as we can’t see the watch, go to a Three store.” One of the worst cop outs i’ve come across in a long time, but I’m game... I go to Three store Hemel Hempstead (reason 4 covered) and speak to manager. Nice guy, looks up my account agrees all should work... says perhaps it’s because I have a Watch 4 and Three only support Watch 5’s...I leave knowing the watches are almost identical... but two can play this game... I buy a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE for £300+ (reason 5 covered) , quelle surprise, still doesn’t work.

Like most who are trying to get this to work, i’d say I’m reasonably good with tech (I own a video games company). Three are late to the esim party as many other networks have offered this for awhile. I have been patient, but your “reasons” - even here on this forum - are disingenuous at best. If, as I’ve been told, us loyal customers are on an old system, then manually transfer us to the new one. You’re talking a tiny subset of existing customers who own a Galaxy (LTE!) watch 5 and pay for a smart watch add on to their mobile plans. And this should be offered complimentary for a year for those who are enduring this current debacle.

Lastly, for the record, if you go into the debug menu of Galaxy wearables app you can actually see we could be offered a simple QR code to gain all settings for activation, or put them in manually ourselves, but Three can’t do this either.

I’ve been willing to follow telephone support, store support, I’m now on this forum as where else is there to turn... Live chat!? I’ve lost patience in playing your games. You shouldn’t be selling services you can’t fulfil. 

28 REPLIES 28
Amy2709
Active

Thank you so much for tagging me in this! Have you had any further response from Three? I only ask because I googled the email addresses of the CEO of three and was tempted to send a direct complaint. Do you think it is worth a try?

-JAY-
Regular

Sadly, no response from anyone. If you have CEO's email, I'll mail on all our behalfs or join your case, but he may be a little pre-occupied with Emergency Alerts not working... Perhaps it was because all existing customers don't matter and life-saving-alerts are only for new ones on the latest plans! 😛

Amy2709
Active

I have tried to type the email addresses on here that I found for the CEO but it tells me it's against the community rules and won't let me post. It is a real easy find if you Google email address for three CEO. 

Vivvy123
Fledgling

I'm sorry you've been offered this advice, I have a Samsung Watch 4 too, it works perfectly with my S21 Phone on Three 

Amy2709
Active

Morning! When you say it works perfectly, do you mean via WiFi/Bluetooth rather than via the LTE? 

mlewis
Regular

How? I have a watch 4 and it doesnt work at all with its own cell plan.

Adamb7890
Fledgling

Has anyone had any luck getting the  galaxy wat h to work yet. 

I've been told by three customer services 

That only Galaxy watches purchased from three would work. Bulls***

Only apple watches will work. Even though three smartwatch pairing guide says samsung is compatible

New upgraded 24m advanced plan Inc smartwatch pairing 

I get this error

Screenshot_20230430_052748_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

Amy2709
Active

Nope. Still no solution. Still waiting for three to activate the facility for existing customers. No idea when this will be either. I will definitely be leaving when I'm out of contract regardless of what they are able to offer 

Amy2709
Active

No, still no developments. Three are extremely quiet on these posts too - would have been nice to hear they had managed to get an update on when we would be able to access this service