cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam Calls didn't work.

SusieH
Regular

7 day Go Roam Pass in Spain 15/5/24 - 22/5/24   Failed to allow me to make calls (texts and Data worked). Why did phone calls fail? 

Best solution
Best solution
SusieH
Regular

Thank you for enlightening me regarding manually selecting a different network. I had no idea. Perhaps 3 could give a bit more help or advice given when people take out a temporary pass as nor everyone is in the know (like me!). Hopefully this won't happen again as I do need to be able to wake somebody up if I'm not home for medical reasons and texts don't do it!!! I appreciate your help. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Superstar

Did you dial out using the correct prefix ie +44?

SusieH
Regular

Hi, Yes I believe I did. Whenever I tried to make a call an automated voice said something like "I'm sorry this service cannot be continued".  The main reason I paid for the Go Roam pass was exactly for the possible need to call someone back home to keep a check on them! So I was very disturbed to find that I couldn't. My hubby was able to call once from Smarty but only the once!!! I tried to call my hubby (in the same room) but had th same message!!!

MZone
Superstar

If data and SMS worked then shouldn’t be a reason calls don’t. Could have been down to the roaming network you were using. You can manually select different networks rather than automatically connecting to them. Obviously too late to try that now. 

Best solution
SusieH
Regular

Thank you for enlightening me regarding manually selecting a different network. I had no idea. Perhaps 3 could give a bit more help or advice given when people take out a temporary pass as nor everyone is in the know (like me!). Hopefully this won't happen again as I do need to be able to wake somebody up if I'm not home for medical reasons and texts don't do it!!! I appreciate your help.