cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with refund of account balance

HanFran44
Fledgling

Hello, I need help with receiving a refund of my account balance. 

Last month I brought a new Pay As You Go Sim with the 100GB Auto Renew Data Pack for £13.50 a month. I stupidly thought I needed to set up the auto top up myself but didn't realise it automatically takes the money from my bank. So this month I auto topped up £15 but also £13.50 has been taken from my bank. How do I get a refund for the extra £15?

Also I have already spoken to live chat twice and they just direct me to call 333. I have done so multiple times but none of the options are correct and I have tried each option. 

Please can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, HanFran44. 

Ah, that's unlucky. I'm not 100% sure what the process is on the refund, but it sounds like you were already speaking to the right team if you were on livechat. I'm not sure why they advised you to call 333 and they are the same department, and the livechat team should have been able to help. 

It's possible you somehow got through to another department, so I'd recommend reaching out again using the chat on the Pay As You Go support page, and hopefully you'll be able to have someone look into the options. 

If that fails, you can always stop the auto renewal, then start the auto renewal again, but choose the option to have the payment for the auto renew come out of your credit balance. This will allow you to spend the extra money you paid.

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.