cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long without making a UK based call

Keved
Regular

I have a UK monthly sim only contract but am currently away from the uk for an extended period .

I am using my  included “go-roam” facility to make calls and for data , but obviously these are not directly via the 3 network . 

Is there a maximum period of time I can continue to use the service without having made a uk based call ?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Keved,

Great question, I'll do my best to clear this up for you.

So with a pay monthly contract, you're not required to make a call to keep it active, you'd need to request we cancel the service for it to be disconnected.

You may be referring to pre-paid PAYG where you have to make a chargeable call, text or data connection within a rolling 6 months to keep it active? If you're pay monthly this won't apply to you.

However, here's a link to info about Go Roam fair usage. You are entitled to two months of Go Roam within a rolling 12 months, exceeding this can result in your roaming service being deactivated. So this limit may affect you if you'll be away from the UK for a long period.

Hope this helps clear things up,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Keved,

Great question, I'll do my best to clear this up for you.

So with a pay monthly contract, you're not required to make a call to keep it active, you'd need to request we cancel the service for it to be disconnected.

You may be referring to pre-paid PAYG where you have to make a chargeable call, text or data connection within a rolling 6 months to keep it active? If you're pay monthly this won't apply to you.

However, here's a link to info about Go Roam fair usage. You are entitled to two months of Go Roam within a rolling 12 months, exceeding this can result in your roaming service being deactivated. So this limit may affect you if you'll be away from the UK for a long period.

Hope this helps clear things up,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.