cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls charges not made

davidson5
Fledgling

I've just checked my Three bill and I have been charged for four international calls to Regina Canada. £2.50 each £10 altogether. I do not know anyone in Canada and have never made those calls. What is going on? I phoned Three and all they could come up with is that they were missed calls that I had replied to........I do not reply to missed calls. I'm obviously being scammed but how and what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @davidson5,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged for these call which you have no recollection of. Here's a link to a page about types of fraud to watch out for. It does sound a bit like Wangiri fraud, you'll find more on that near the bottom of the page I've linked.

Assuming that it's not a case that you've missed a call, and then called the number back unintentionally, the only possibilities which would really remain is that someone else has used your phone, or an app which has permissions to make calls, has made the calls.

If you don't tend to use your phone for calls or texts to international or premium numbers, the most straightforward solution would be to pop on the Three App, log in to your account, and click the "Manage your plan" button, then edit your spend cap to £0. 

Do the calls seem to be a one off, or are they happening at regular intervals? E.g once per week?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.