cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

jefff66

I have received emails from several people recently, forwarding "Please sign your Device Plan Agreement" emails that they've received from Three. I think these people are being scammed.

The emails were sent to promotions@3***.com

I own the domain 3***.com (I've used *** to stop spambots etc getting the address) and all email sent to the domain comes to me.  

I've owned the domain for 20 years and had never previously received an email from someone who thinks they're contacting Three. But the domain is very similar to one that someone mentioned here a few weeks ago, as a suspected scammer.

So here's what I suspect might be happening..

A scammer calls the victim offering an amazing cashback offer, tells them to order via the Three website, then to forward the plan agreement email to promotions@thescammersdomain.com. Presumably once the scammer has this they can maybe change the delivery address and steal the phone?
Some of these people have inadvertently sent this to my address instead.

Maybe I should set up an auto reply to tell people they're being scammed and not to send it to another address?

Or do people genuinely have to forward these emails to promotions@three.co.uk and have sent them to me instead?

0 REPLIES 0