cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping existing terms when contract ends

PAL62V
Fledgling

My 24 month sim-only deal ends soon. I know I can just let it become a rolling 30 day agreement, however if I do that, will any of the existing conditions end?

I'm most interested in the fact that I currently have an Advanced plan with the free international roaming in around 70 countries. That's clearly no longer on offer, but if I do absolutely nothing at the end of the contract, will that benefit remain?

5 REPLIES 5
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey PAL62V, welcome to Three Community. 

Contracts taken out or upgraded after 1 October 2021 include a daily £2 or £5 charge to unlock the UK allowance for use in a Go Roam destination.

If you took your plan out before then, that daily charge won't apply and your price plan terms will continue until your plan is discontinued or upgraded. You can always double check your price guide on our website.

Hope that helps, but let us know if you've any other questions 😊

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

PAL62V
Fledgling

Thank you for the reply. I'm not entirely clear on the answer to my question though.

If I do absolutely nothing at the end of the contract, will that benefit of Go Roam being no extra charge remain included in my monthly tariff?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Yes, that's right 🙂

Your price plan will remain the same, even once the minimum term of your contract is up, until the plan is discontinued, or you choose to upgrade it. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Lifehalflived
Fledgling

My 2 year plan ends at the end of December. It is unlimited and includes an iPhone 12. If I choose not to upgrade can I stay on this contract but reduce the charge to the equivalent of a Sim Only Contrsct or would that mean a new contract?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lifehalflived

The only way to reduce the cost will be moving to a new plan, so you would move to the new terms, and the Go Roam with daily charges. 

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.