cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number change in iPhone

rky
Regular

Hi there,

Upon purchasing new SIM only sim I got a new number by three. Let’s call this as temporary number. 

After activation I have called 333 and asked customer support to port in my permanent number and I provided PAC code of previous operator. Next day my temp number replaced with permanent number and everything worked well.

After few days I noticed in iPhone > settings > mobile service > three > my number was still showing temp number. So I manually changed and clicked on Save and went back. Restarted phone and checked again but still temp number is showing. 

Due to this with new sim and permanent number iMessage is not working because apple server is picking number from hardcode temp number and which is on SIM hardware. Something is wrong with this SIM because with others operators this setting changes the number immediately.

Is there anything I should try?

Best solution
Best solution
rky
Regular

Finally this has been resolved.

I just removed the physical sim, went to settings clicked on SIM name and it says no sim is there update contacts I clicked yes. Then inserted the sim again and changed number and clicked save and all worked.

thank you 

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Superstar

Log on with your Apple ID and remove the temporary number from Apple account. Change your number again in the above remembering to include +44 at the start removing the 0. Turn iMessage and FaceTime off and start again. 

rky
Regular

Thanks, I removed the temp number and added perm number in apple ID then went back to settings facetime and message and it is still not picking perm number 

Best solution
rky
Regular

Finally this has been resolved.

I just removed the physical sim, went to settings clicked on SIM name and it says no sim is there update contacts I clicked yes. Then inserted the sim again and changed number and clicked save and all worked.

thank you