cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM activation

melindmiko
Fledgling

Dear customer service,

I have a problem with my new SIM card I can’t activate it and when I applied for the monthly payment I would liked to keep my old number. I already put my cap code when I applied but I got a new SIM. Now I can’t use the new SIM.

Can you please help with the activation or keep my old phone number, please?

Many thanks

Melinda

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

It can take a couple of days for the number to transfer. Best thing to do is to call 333 and make sure the pac code has been accepted as it is known that the online transfer can fail.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @melindmiko, welcome to Three Community 👋

We're not quite customer service here - the community is a space for Three customers to share advice and experience. You will find Three employees chiming in from time to time though, and of course us Mods are always around 😊 So let's see what we can do to help with your SIM problem.

• Are you moving a number over from another provider or was your number already with Three?
  • When you pop the SIM card into your phone, do you get a signal or do you see an error message like 'No SIM'?
  • Does removing and re-inserting it help at all? Make sure to pop the Three SIM in the primary slot, if your phone has two.

Let us know, and we'll do all we can to help or find you a path forward. We're keen to get you connected and using your old number.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.