cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to E Sim

andrews297
Regular

Hi, I need to change my physical sim to an e-sim. Please advise how I can do this.

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @andrews297 

The eSIM isn't quite available just yet, however keep an eye out on the website, and your local store as they will be available very soon we hope. I cannot give an exact date, but we are currently trialling it to be as secure and allow the transfer from physical SIM to eSIM to be as simple as possible for all of our customers.

Thanks,

LeeT
Employee - Retail

andrews297
Regular

Hi Lee, thanks for the reply. That’s really disappointing as other service providers allow switching to e-sim. Despite being with three for many years I may have to consider moving to one of those providers.

Andrew

Aman
Fledgling

hello sir, I am change sim port 

Aman
Fledgling

Change sim 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Aman,

Welcome to the Three Community.

If you're asking about changing your physical SIM to eSIM then as @LeeT mentioned last week, this service isn't quite ready yet. We'll definitely be talking about it on the community as soon as this becomes available though.

If I've misunderstood your question, please tell us more and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Oliver
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB  and @LeeT 

"Not quite ready" and "isn't quite available just yet" don't provide information that is useful to the community to make decisions. Instead, they just stall the discussion and encourage subscribers to defer making a decision.

I have a dual SIM phone that can address one SIM and one other eSIM. I have a Three UK SIM and a Three Ireland SIM. I need both because I live in one country and have a relative in hospital in the other country. I need to decide urgently whether to stay with Three or move to another operator. The decision is based on Three UK's rollout plans for eSIMs.

Is it possible to join the eSIM trial? If not, when is the eSIM trial completing and when, if the trial is successful, will eSIMs be launched?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Oliver, thanks for joining us here on Three Community.

As my colleagues have mentioned, at the moment we don't have specific dates to share on when eSIM will be available. I do appreciate you need to make a decision urgently, and I'm sorry we can't help with that right now.

However, making eSIM a reality is something we're working on as we speak, and we hope to launch later this year. We really hope to see you stick with us.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Frank123456
Fledgling

This is going on for a quite while. I think the best thing is to change provider when the contract expires.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Frank123456,

I'm sorry that we can't share a specific date when eSIM for phone will be released on Three. We're still working on this though, and I hope this is all sorted before your contract expires. 🙂

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.