cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ESIM email, now no service.

Dieard
Fledgling

Received an iPhone15 from Apple today.

i thought id give the eSIM a go so requested to change my physcial sim from my iphone11.

support have tried 4 times to send me the eSIM email but I’m not receiving. They then said it was a technical issue and could only be resolved in a store (there isn’t any near me).

now my physical sim has been blocked so I don’t have service anymore.

anyone else else having this nightmare issue?

I wish I had just stuck with a SIM card.

10 REPLIES 10
Avondale
Rising star

@Dieard 

Have you tried searching this forum for others in a similar position ?  

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Yep - same here but in reverse…..

They moved me to an esim which I did not request….

They sent me a physical sim which I received the next day - but they cannot get it activated….

What a mess

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dieard,

Is this issue still ongoing? Did you go back to physical SIM, or receive an eSIM in the end?

If you still need help with this please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi Jonathan,

Still not resolved. 

I am waiting yet another Physical SIM - ( it that arrives & works then I am fine ) - but so far not so good 

I do feel that if Three send a pre-activated SIM by post - it should work - it seems despite being in pocession of the SIM & knowing the IMEI number etc etc - Three cannot & cant - activate their own SIMS 

What is happening…! ( as no-one knows - all support say is ‘don’t know’ will post new SIM Arrrrrrrrrrr

Shariftx
Fledgling

Hi

i am having the same problem . My existing sim has stopped working as I have made a request for a new esim but no emails received . I have even deleted the existing sim and made a new request still nothing . Its good that i have setup to divert if phone switched off so incoming are diverted to my Vodafone number . But i need my esim asap to make calls . Can you help ?

Butterfly
Fledgling

Possible solution, Please read. 

I had the exact same issue. and i have wrote and official complaint. Customer service was that bad.

But i wanted to come on here to say, after 12 long hours of trying to resolve this over chat with 3 with a blocked SIM, no phone network, no way to contact anyone, sleepless night, i finally got it resolved this morning ( because i had to wake up early to contact them to say no email had arrived). And guess what the issue was? The issue was that the Sim plan should be deleted from your old phone first to receive emails for your new Esim QR code on new Phone.  Once I did this, i got the email in 10 mins. Yester evening i was sent that like 4-5  times from other 4 different  advisors trying to sort this out, only to find out it was this simple to sort? I  luckily got a someone on chat this morning who knew what they were talking about, but i didn't feel grateful to him at this stage, because this should have never got to this stage. There is  BIG BIG GAP in traning support staff and i felt like i was part of a circus.  I have been a customer with 3 for over 15years. And this experience has set me over the edge. they will be using one their most loyal customers because the way i was treated, i am sorry, i don't want to stay with this network for any longer. I will be going once my plan finishes. This says a lot.  i hope this saves someone from the misery i went through from not having network and blocked sim for almot a day! 

Avondale
Rising star

@JonathanB 

Do you have the capability to pin this thread onto the start of the Three Community page ?

It strikes me that the excellent post from @Butterfly could be of use to others in the future. 

Amelia_jt
Fledgling

Hey!  I now have the same issue! 

When you say you deleted the Sim from the old phone do you mean you removed it and then requested a new QR code? 

my QR code came through but errored on my new phone. Three telling me to wait 72hours for it to become unstuck before they can do anything. 

I am losing my mind not having access to a mobile. 

thank you 🙂 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amelia_jt,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been running into this issue. In the case above my understanding is that the user was moving from eSIM to eSIM, and they deleted the old eSIM profile, then once they had done so requested another eSIM which then worked. Hope this helps in your case too.

We'd definitely like to take a closer look, so I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues who will do their best to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here