cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number issues

gemmaj13
Fledgling

Hi, I had a Three sim contract and upgraded through Available mobiles and stayed withThree. I contacted Three as I wished to move my Three number to my new Three contract and they did this. When it came to the date my old number was deactivated so I called them and said just wait another two days. This went by and they said my number can’t port between Three contracts and would need to port out once they re-register my old number which takes 5 working days. I called them today as 5 th working day and they said the request was cancelled last Monday and should take another 48 hours! Has anyone been in this situation where a number has been deactivated and been able to be reactivated? When I call my number is says number not recognised and I’ve had this number 18 years!! Please send advice and hope I can get my old number back thanks 

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gemmaj13,

Sorry for the delay in picking up your post. I'll do my best to help with this.

In terms of an upgrade, this should only be used to describe renewing your existing number and account, so if Available mobiles described the offer as an upgrade, rather than taking out a new/additional line, then they would be at fault here if you wanted to dispute the new contract with them. 

We can reinstate an account if cancelled in error, and this certainly sounds like that's the case given what you've described, so hopefully that's been sorted for you in the meantime.

In case you're still in the position of not having access to your existing number, I'll PM you with info to get in contact with an escalated support team so that we can make sure we're sorting this out for you the best way possible both in terms of the additional contract and restoring your correct number.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here