cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online orders independent from phone/chat customer service

ashwin
Fledgling

Yesterday, I placed an order for a 5G home broadband device online on three.co.uk. I got two emails with confirmation of the order and the details of the contract. After I placed the order, I realised that I sent it to my old home address. I contacted three customer service on chat. When I gave them the order number they said they can't see any trace of that particular order. They said it hasn't gone through and to try it again and this time ensuring I send to the correct address (same as bank billing address). I repeated that online with the right details. Just to be sure I contacted them again and asked if they can now see the order on their system. Again, they said there is no such order. 

I needed that broadband service from today, so I asked the customer service agent on the phone to place an order himself and to ensure that this will go through. He did a good job and confirmed there was an order now on the system ready to be processed and "all is good". Today morning I got messages from DPD courier service that there were three packages from THREE (the irony) ready to be shipped to be today afternoon and ensure I will be at home. One of the three orders was to my old address.

Since I couldn't be at two places at the same time, I used the DPD app to postpone the delivery of that order to day after tomorrow. But today afternoon they gave me two 5G home broadband devices. I opened one and installed it and I now have to return the other two within 14 days. Now, I don't want to pay postage to return for something I didn't expect and on top of that was assured won't happen.

Three needs to gets in touch with me to fix this, else I plan to pop into the local three store and have a word and drop those two unused, unopened broadband devices. There has to be some fix to the system that tracks orders.

Regards, Ashwin

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ashwin,

We're sorry to hear about this mix up resulting in you having three separate Broadband orders going through. You are covered for 30 days to arrange a return on Broadband accounts, and this is a money back guarantee, so if you've been billed for these, you'll definitely be eligible for a refund. 

In terms of the method of return, we can only take the routers back at a Three store if they've been sold there, but we can send pre-paid return packages for online and telesales orders.

Hopefully you've managed to get this sorted out in the meantime, but just in case, I'll send a private message to your community account to direct you to more help. To access your private messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.