cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Nightmare

PACnightmare
Fledgling

Please can someone help me as I am getting nowhere with three customer service. I have requested a PAC from three, which I gave to my new provider and the PAC should have taken place on Friday 27th Oct. Unfortunately the PAC did partially take place but I think I have a situation of a 'split port', whereby both my three sim and new sim are active with the same number (the one that I wanted to transfer/keep).

I have been advised by my new provider that this is due to three not transferring/releasing all of the necessary files as part of the PAC process.

I have attempted to lodge a complaint with three but for some reason I am not receiving the security emails or text messages to verify my account (my emails are working perfectly fine!).

What can I do in this scenario to move things along?

3 REPLIES 3
numbernotported
Regular

i think they had a major system migration 21st OCT. A lot of people seem to be having this port issue both in and out. 

What I have learned after waiting for 8 days with getting nowhere is the port team is aware of the bug they are fixing it. 

It's frustrating as I also haven't got an ETA about when they plan to close it out. 

sorry I am not adding anything actionable. 

PACnightmare
Fledgling

Thanks for the reply. I feel really let down by three and when something like this happens it really highlights how poor they are at customer service.

The feeling that there is no timescale just makes me think that my case will be easily forgotten and I will be stuck in this scenario of having two SIM cards with the same number.

Are they any moderators or people that can escalate this issue on this forum?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PACnightmare,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing delays with a port out. All networks follow the same processes in terms of porting issues where the receiving provider raises the issue with the original provider's porting teams.

If you've spoken to your new provider, they should have raised the issue with their porting team, who in turn will contact and resolve the issue with our porting team.

I'm sorry if you feel let down by our support teams in this situation, but they only will have visibility of you having been given a PAC, they can't see or affect your account with the new provider.

I hope that the issue is resolved for you soon.

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.