cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code - Number deactivated on EE but not transferred over to 3

clairemariethom
Fledgling

Hi, I used a pac code from EE to transfer my phone number to a new 3 contact. The number deactivated on EE a week ago but hasn't switched over to my new SIM. I have spoken to 3 customer services twice now - before the weekend and after and each time they've told me they will push the port through or call me if there is a problem. The number still hasn't ported and I have received no call backs. Tried to call again tonight but I was too late and they're closed. Is there anything else I can do? Would going into the shop help? 

4 REPLIES 4
Tim1
Regular

I have the same problem and the three chat are useless. I’ve contacted them 4 times and still not sorted. Thinking of swapping to another network now.

celluauto
Regular

I’m having a very similar problem - in my case, they have ported over calls but nothing else, and my old EE sim still makes and receives calls, texts etc.  it’s now been 4 days.  I’ve been phoning them every day and they keep saying the port has completed - however, they admitted today that they have a new system and are currently experiencing a glitch with porting numbers which means it’s not completing (they also said they’re trying to work out how to use the new system 🤦‍)  I asked to cancel my contract as it’s within the 14 day cooling off period, and they gave me a PAC code and told me to call EE to give it to them to switch back.  I did this and EE said they can’t use the PAC code because it’s locked as Three still haven’t finished the porting process.  They (EE) also said they are aware of hundreds of people experiencing this problem with Three, and Three seems to be trying to keep it quiet.  Utter disgrace.  So at the moment, I am having to pay for two phone contracts for the same telephone number and nobody can do anything about it until Three finish the process, but Three have no idea what they’re doing and think it’s already done.  Anyone have any advice?  I’m assuming I can take this matter to the regulator (OFCOM)?  I’m stuck in a limbo and having to pay twice for everything- surely this can’t be legal??

clairemariethom
Fledgling

I'm now having similar issues to you. After more than a week, they finally ported my number over but now I can only ring out. I can't receive calls or texts. If I make a phone call it's on my original number, if I send a text it's on the temp number!!?? It is very frustrating!

Help
Fledgling

I have exactly the same problem with PAC code and EE number not not transferred by THREE despite their repeated promises that it will be transferred without any problem!! The man at THREE retail in Sutton, implemented the transfer from EE to to THREE(...allegedly). He Promised me that my EE number will be transferred to my new mobile no problem. My EE number has disappeared.

BTW broadband sim installed by Three retail Sutton stopped working after a few days. I lost many days and hours trying to get help from THREE to sort it. This is not reliable nor helpful THREE service.

How can I get Three to get and install my old EE number. I have heart condition and have a pacemaker. My the NHS, my GP, hospitals and doctors have my old number. They cannot contact me nor  text me with appointments and other medical details. I need my old number back. Without it THREE have placed me in a dangerous medical situation. Thank you.