cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help

fknjc
Fledgling

whenever I try to access my personal hotspot with my iPad or my laptop, a web tab that says "your adult content filter is off" pops up, and does not allow my other devices to access my personal hotspot. 
I turned my adult content filter is off, but the issue prevails. Is this common? How can I solve this? Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
GlenSki
Fledgling

Hi, I can’t help, but I do have exactly the same issue.  It started a few days ago, without reason. I have chatted to Three x 3 times about it.  They have changed something after my last call as I can now access the hotspot via my laptop, but I still have issues with access from other devices.  However, if anyone has the answer, please advise.  This is very annoying.

andyharvey
Regular

I also have this problem, started after a renewed my data add on on a PAYG phone. I'm currently roaming in France. Three support didn't help much, they have turned off the adult filter, saying it will take 24 hours to be done. I'll try again tomorrow.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Gosh, that's a strange issue you're all having folks. Are you all on Pay as You Go? 

Pete.

GlenSki
Fledgling

Hi, I'm not on PAYG.  This issue started with me 2 weeks ago.  I have now had 4 chats and 1 phone conversation with Three.  I've had everything from : reset your phone to factory settings; we can't do anything; well, at least you can access the internet from your phone; check with the provider of your iPad.  None of these are satisfactory.   

Also, I have noticed that even on my phone, I cannot access some sites (deemed to be for over 18s only, wrongly labelled). So the Adult Content Filter is defo turned on somewhere.

I dont have this issue connecting to my Vodaphone hotspot.  Only an issue with Three.

GlenSki
Fledgling

Amazingly, it is all working ok today.  Maybe the last conversation with Three prompted them to do something about it.

Thanks to everyone for sharing what you know.

And I’m going to check out RWG too.

andyharvey
Regular

Checked 24 hours after turning off adult content filter, still doesn't work. Think I'll give up with Three I've had so many problems recently. Will switch to RWG mobile, £20 for 200Gb roaming and hotspot included.