Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random call from three to upgrade my current sim only phone contract.

Vinco
Regular

Hi there, 

This is my first post here so I might post this in the wrong place!

But yesterday and today I've had a calls from Three's promotional team to get me to upgrade my sim only contract. And today they sent me an email about what was offered. My contract isn't due for an upgrade until December. They are asking me to provide my card details so they can run a credit check. I've double checked with three and the numbers being rung from are genuine. I did that on three chat.

I was wondering if anyone else is getting these kinds of calls?  

Thank you so much for all your help in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
Vinco
Regular

It turned out to be carephone warehouse trying to pull a fast one on me >.< 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Vinco,

Sorry to hear you've been getting hassled by telemarketers. Here's an article with advice on different types of fraud and scam calls/messages. I'm not sure if this one was a scam or not from what you've described.

You may also want to register with the Telephone Preference Service, this prevents unsolicited calls from companies you haven't opted into marketing with. This doesn't protect you from fraud of course, but it should help reduce how many spam/marketing calls you get.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Beanhead2
Fledgling

yes ive had a call from germany saying they are from 3 promotions so convincing ive given him my details then when he asked for my bank details i refused. If he was from 3 he would already have my bank details. So he sent me a email from currys phone warehouse.Im very Worried now i gave him my name address and date of birth. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Beanhead2,

I'm really sorry to hear that you received this unsolicited call.

It looks like Currys and Carphone Warehouse are affiliated so it may have been legitimate telemarketing from them, unfortunately sometimes these callers will use language like "calling on behalf of Three", or "calling about a Three promotion" which can confuse the fact that they are actually representing a 3rd party dealer not the network directly.

That's good that you didn't give bank details though. With the other personal details shared, my best recommendation is to ensure that you are setting some sort of additional password with your banks and any other companies you deal with. At Three we call this your "memorable information" and you can set this up in the security section of your My3 account.

If you're worried that the caller may have been a scammer or fraudster, it's best to let your bank know, so that they can watch out for any new Direct Debits or other suspicious activity.

Hope this helps
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

FayBriscoe98
Fledgling

I've also just had a scam call offering to reduce my bill from £55 to £35.

I did live chat with Three who confirmed it was a scam