cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Abroad

Andybirt
Fledgling

Roaming charges abroad.

I choose Three over six years ago because of their coverage worldwide .I was very happy with the terms and it was convenient when travelling.Since Brexit,the new contracts people have been forced onto ,mean it is now a complete rip off.I am in Indonesia for a few months and have switched Roaming off as the extortionate £5 a day fee makes it untenable.However I am still forced to pay £13 monthly for a service I can not use.I don't even use a fraction of my allowance anyway so Three are now charging me for nothing at all apart from having my number.Shocking service and on my return to the UK I will severe my business with them and get a SIM from a more enlightened company.

2 REPLIES 2
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Andybirt, thanks for joining us here at Three Community. I'm so glad you've been a happy customer of Three for so many years and have found Go Roam to be a great benefit. 

We know that roaming is super important to our customers, and we'd hoped to retain this benefit free of charge. However, the possible variations and permutations in the underlying cost to us to provide the service makes it very hard for us to absorb the wholesale charges we face for the use of the service by our customers.

The new charge ensures that customers are clear on what to pay when using our services abroad, and only those who roam will pay for the service.

We really hope you'll still find Three great value. We’ve the UK’s fastest 5G network according to Ookla and 99% population coverage in addition to compelling deals. And we're always working on ways to bring our customers excellent value and better connectivity every day.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Pwcomp
Regular

I hope you never got a new contract as you'll be tied Into them.  I've gone to ofcom to try and get out of my contact as I believe it was miss sold. After being with three for over 10 years it's a real shame as I don't want to leave three but it's just too much to pay for no service as Im having to buy a rival esim for non UK use.