cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Does Not Work - 3 Mobile Support Unhelpful

Annoyed1

While roaming in Greece, a go-roam location, my partner and I (both with Three) were unable to use our roaming data allowances. As best I can tell, this is related to the Auto-Renew 5Gb bonus as it shows 0kb roaming available.

I have been unable to get any decent acknowledgement or support from Three, and I am seriously considering changing providers. Suggestions welcome.

Rough timeline as FYI for anyone else experiencing this.

- Called support line, chat tool unhelpful, spent ~90 minutes in the morning with various support people to then be told "Your account incorrectly had roaming disabled in the back end" and that this was turned back on for both my partner and I

- Went out for the day, roaming did not work

- Called support again, got through to a useful technician who said that there was still something in the back end that was deactivated and stated they made a change, still did not work.

- I asked to have the 5Gb bonus data pack removed. They could not do this.

- Same technician suggested applying a credit to my account to test if that worked. I had to pay £5 to apply the credit as they could not do this themselves, and was told it would be refunded later. This worked, I immediately had connectivity, and it took this off the £5. Clearly proves there was no network issue, it must be account related.

- Was transferred to another customer services person who said they would not refund the money. They also told me that I should "keep some money on the account to kick-start roaming in the future" which is complete and utter nonsense.

- After pushing on this further, they accepted they would provide a £5 credit to the account which I declined stating I wanted a full refund as the credit was of no value, and would just be burned up by roaming charges instantly as the last £5 had. At this point I requested they follow up to give me my £5 refund as I had been on the phone for a further hour, and was now late for a dinner booking.

- They stuck the £5 on anyway, which was burned up, and now 3 weeks later I have not received a response to my request for refund.

Throughout this process, I could clearly see a screen on my app saying the 5Gb bonus package has 0kb roaming allowed, but as 3 support does not allow for sending images in any way they could not be shown this. I was also told they could not email me, or provide any reference codes for the incident (this was later revealed to be incorrect as I received one at the final stage when I formally logged my displeasure for a refund).

The kicker is, this morning my account auto-renewed the £10 package and applied another 5Gb top up. I had cancelled the account, but the cancellation order failed! And they won't undo the purchase.

0 REPLIES 0