Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in USA - not sure I was given the correct advice

ThreeBee
Fledgling

Hi,

I am going to the USA tomorrow.

I've just come off a webchat with Three but not sure the advice I was given is correct.

-He told me I can receive calls and texts for free in the USA (I wont be charged for them and won't be charged the daily Roaming Rate either).

Can someone please confirm this?

-He also confirmed that even if I Ieave my phone on, I will not be charged the £5 a day roaming charge unless I use a service which is: making a call, sending a text or using data.

Can someone please confirm this?

So my understanding is, I can leave my phone on, turn off my data (only use data over wifi) and as long as I dont make a call or send a text I will not be charged anything including the £5 a day roaming rate, and I can receive calls and texts for free.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity
ThreeBee
Fledgling

Thanks, already looked at that, it is not completely clear which is why I contacted Three.  But what I was told in the webchat is not mentioned anywhere on their site which makes me think it may not be correct...

It is impossible to actually call and speak to anyone at Three, no phone option allows you to talk to them which is rather frustrating.

sc1999
Local celebrity

It states: The charge will be applied as soon as you use your plan's allowance. As receiving calls and texts are not part of your allowance then the charge should not apply. I am old enough to remember the days before free roaming and I kept data turned off and charges did not apply. I always hoped the office would call so I could put the roaming charge on my expenses.