cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Dee68
Fledgling

We have a contract with three on both our phones, Going to USA and reading on here about the problems customers are facing using phone there. What are we supposed to do to enable phones to be used 

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dee68,

If you haven't used your phone abroad before, it's a good idea to get in touch and make sure Roaming is active on your accounts.

Beyond this, the USA started switching off 3G before we have in the UK, we're expecting this to complete here before the end of the year. If you check out 4G Calling Abroad and the further links on that article, it'll help link you to further FAQ's and info about whether your specific model of phone should support services in the USA.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Hi @JonathanB

Just to say, I was in the USA in March/April, and my Samsung Galaxy A52 5G worked perfectly. 

I had contacted Three via direct messaging on Twitter prior to the trip to double-check everything would work, which it did.

However, on the 3 website under the devices tab for the A52 5G it states that 4G Calling Abroad does NOT work on this handset.

Perhaps this info could be updated ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

Sorry for missing this one, just to check did we supply your A52 or was it from Samsung directly, or another 3rd party?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Hi @JonathanB

My A52 5g was bought directly from Three.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks @tarantella, that's really good to know. I'll pass this on to some colleagues who work in device support and roaming to see if they can either update this, or clarify if there's some sort of exception that explains the discrepancy.

tarantella
Rising star

@JonathanB 

I also meant to say that at the time I checked on the Vodafone, O2 and EE websites, as well as the T-mobile USA pages, and all four sites stated that 4G Calling Abroad was supported on the A52 5G.