cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls

ZabiAK
Fledgling

I just received two call from someone who is claiming to be from three and offering me a discount from 30 pounds a month to 10 pounds a month for two SIM cards unlimited data and calls. 
I knew something was fishy immediately… 

so I entertained them for a bit then ended the call,

these are the numbers 

0333 303 1278

07418 ******

there is a problem with our information at three it’s has been breached and the scammer has our information which is annoying and dangerous, because our information with three contains our home addresses , phone numbers email addresses date of births and hell most of our banks and social media is linked with our phone numbers and emails.

be careful and be vigilant of such phone calls and don’t provide any information to them. 

To Three ! 

solve this data breach or you be losing customers.

4 REPLIES 4
Manny08
Fledgling

I just got the call from that 07 number saying the same thing 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ZabiAK,

Thanks for helping raise awareness about scam callers, but we'd recommend against engaging with them. You can find more info about how to report scams and fraud on our Fraud to watch out for page.

We've removed the number that appeared to be a personal mobile, these are generally "spoofed" numbers so the mobile number will likely connect to a real UK mobile account with no connection to the fraudsters, in reality they're generally calling from abroad with a faked caller ID.

I think you may be jumping to a conclusion regarding a data breach here, the caller impersonating Three doesn't necessarily mean that they have access to any info from your Three account.

If you have reason to believe your account has been accessed due to any calls or messages received, please get in touch though. The team will be able to check when your account has been accessed, and raise an investigation with our fraud teams if necessary.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mack
Fledgling

I'm getting scam calls all the time consuming they're from 3. 

07724******

07724******

What can he done about them?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Mack. 

Calls like that are a problem for millions in the UK at the moment. Networks are working together and with regulators to try and work towards a solution to the issue. 

For now, the best thing you can do is not to answer any calls from numbers you don't recognise. You can also report numbers by sending them in a text to 7726. This helps networks get a better picture of what's going on. 

Hopefully these calls will be a thing of the past soon. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.