cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim problems

fran_bazeley
Fledgling

I lost my phone on the 2nd of September! I’ve had nothing but trouble ever since trying to a replacement sim.. the online team only had it as pending and didn’t send it out so when I went in to store they couldn’t issue me a new one as the old order would appear on the system.. after god knows how many online chats and trips to store I was issued a new SIM card on Friday night and was told that it would activate over the weekend once the technical team had sorted the ‘stuck’ order on the system! It’s now Monday and my sim still isn’t activated and I’m now 9 days without a service I’m paying for! I’m desperate to have my phone up and running.. has anyone else had this problem as I just don’t know what more I can do now because nothing seems to be working

7 REPLIES 7
MZone
Maestro

You can only have 1 active SIM card at anyone time. If they have now sent you a new one through the post (pending order now processed) after they activated the one they gave you instore then the one they gave you instore will have been disconnected if that makes sense. I would wait until you get the new one in the post and that should work. I think the fact you ordered a replacement online and then gone into the store for a replacement has confused things somewhat. 

Diane
Fledgling

YES, I have, I’m just so sick and tired of trying to get someone to resolve my issue.  Lost phone 6 weeks ago at Manchester AP.  Still there.  Ordered new phone and SIM card for same number, came Monday 11th. Three phone calls later.  72 hrs is all I’ve been told.  It’s useless to try and contact them, I’m still without a phone that works, no banking, calls or anything.  I hope you get your problem resolved soon, as I hope that mine is too.  
I would NOT recommend three to anyone now.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Diane,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've went so long without access to your services. Was the issue resolved yet in the meantime since you posted? Let me know if you still need help, and I'll be happy to see if we can escalate this for you as a priority.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fran_bazeley,

I'm really sorry to hear about these difficulties with replacing your lost SIM. Has this been resolved in the meantime, or do you still need help with this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Cindy
Fledgling

Help,My data pack still pending order ***

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cindy,

Please don't include reference numbers from your account in community posts. This is a public forum so we don't access customer accounts at here. Sharing account info will just put your info at risk.

I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with your data pack. Is this a PAYG or Pay Monthly account? Is it still pending now?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having so many issues with a replacement SIM I requested on Monday - I was told I would receive this by Wednesday. After numerous calls and online chats with customer services I was advised to go into a store to get a new SIM as one could not be sent out to me due to a system error. I went into the store at East Croydon and they said that they were unable to provide me with one. Today (Friday) I receive a SIM but when I contact customer service team to get it activated they tell me there is a technical issue and they cannot activate it and cannot send me a new SIM. I need my phone for work (to receive passcodes to activate certain systems) and to contact my two young children who do not live with me! As well as everything else - I have now been without my number for 5 days. I have told Three I want to cancel my contract but have been advised that I have to pay a £200 cancellation fee. So I am being effectively told to pay for my SIM only contract but have no SIM. They have no idea when the problem can be resolved.  Please can someone from Three help resolve this urgently. Thank you!