cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many issues with router returns, what gives?

treebeard1
Fledgling

This has been an exhausting process...

- I canceled my three broadband giving appropriate notice, the last day of my contract was to be on the 31st of December. I thankfully received my jiffy bag to return my router, rather promptly. Unlike some other users in this forum.
- 29/12/2023 I received an email saying 105£ charge is being added to my account for not returning a device, despite requesting to cancel on 31/12/2023 and still using my router for the december month...
I rang three that day and they said they would 'note' this on my account. Problem solved, right?
- 03/01/2023 I posted the device/router with the Jiffy bag supplied.
- 24/01/2024 I receive my 'final' bill to be charged £85 on the 09/02/2024!? I then contact an agent through the online chat and it takes over an hour to even locate my account after providing the IMEI and my Account number the latter of which was copied and pasted from the emailed bill earlier that morning. (Is it too outrageous to think that providing an account number should be enough to locate an account?) After some further security 'checks' (DOB and Postcode) I am told they can now see my account and the pending charge. Finally, the agent said that they had raised a case for the fee to be removed and to contact them again in 72 hours. I will update this thread at that point in time.

Here are a few cases of users with similar and worse experiences as myself, I stopped counting at 50 similar posts (Keep in mind for every post here there will be plenty more out there unreported).
This person was sent to the debt collector 
No return label sent
Another
Another....
I could keep going with the no return label case type...
In this thread they are taking three to small claims court
This thread here is a bit of a cluster...
There also seems to be a trend of customers being put through the ringer in the first 30 days of the...

The lack of transparency and the level of incompetence during this process is extremely concerning as a customer. To see the amount of grief three is putting people through is astonishing. This returns process is in much need of an overhaul. Multiple chat, and multiple phone calls for £85 - I can only hope the negligence from Three is not intentional. 

The one seemingly saving grace is that @JonathanB does seem to be active in the community. Can you let us know if anything is being done to help future "return-ers"? I have little hope that my case will be resolved favorably.

3 REPLIES 3
paulina6786
Active

I've sent you a message with a suggestion about what to do (because it has worked for me!)

Mrman55667
Regular

Could you message me as well? Trying to cancel at the moment and the person on the phone kept telling I couldn’t until she caved in. I’ve been told the returns bag will be sent to me, but not holding my breath. The fact so many people are having the same issues is astounding.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mrman55667,

I'm sorry to hear you're cancelling. How long have you been waiting for the returns bag?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.