cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three is charging me for a returned 5G Hub

kyechoy
Regular

Hello,

I’m wondering if someone went through the same issue as I'm going through right now and if so, how did you deal with it? It's long story so buckle up…

Around more than a year ago, I cancelled my contract with Three 5G Broadband. On the same day I called Three to ask if I needed to send the device back. My first reply was that I didn’t need to, I found that very strange so called again and asked the same question. This person, said I do need to send it back, which made more sense to me. This person proceeds to tell me they would send me a package that would arrive within 5 working days to send the hub back.

Two weeks passed, no package to send the hub back. I called Three again, explained the situation and this person tells me they’re sending the package again. Two weeks passed again, no package. This situation happened 4 times repeatedly. At this point, I’m starting to get frustrated and I call Three to ask if there’s another option, because clearly this isn’t going to work and I do believe it should be in Three’s best interest to have the device back. This person proceeds to schedule a collection with DPD. Shortly after the call, I get an e-mail from DPD confirming the collection. Great, things are finally working out or so I thought.

Next morning, DPD comes and collects the device. Everything proceeds are normal, get e-mail confirmations with the tracking. It says the device was delivered. However, 2 months after, I get a letter from Three. Telling me I need to pay £105 for not returning the 5G hub. I couldn’t believe what I was reading... I called Three as soon as possible. The person tells me it’s just a logistics issue and they’ve made a note in their system that the device has been returned. I pray that the situation is solved but once again, I would be proven wrong...

Another month passes, another letter from Three charging for the 5G hub. I called Three again, I get the same reply. This back and forward has been going on for at least a year now.

I’m tired, exhausted of this whole situation. Every single time, I’m being lied to. To make things worse, now the situation got to the point where now it’s with a debt collector.

I don’t know what to do anymore… I’m going to have to pay for something I don’t have. For something I didn’t do wrong. For something I did my best to solve when it should've been on Three's best interest to solve. Is this my only option out of this?

I would really appreciate any help any pointers in the right direction. I called the debt collector they tell me I have to solve the situation with Three. Calling Three or using the chat doesn’t solve anything as everyone simply lies to me. 

I’m sure posting here won’t do anything as Three has been showing it doesn’t care at all about it’s customers. At least I hope it helps someone else like me from ever doing my mistake which was doing the right thing.

22 REPLIES 22
sc1999
Local celebrity

If you have proof of delivery then go online to the small claims court and file a claim. £x/hr for phone and online chats. More £ to process each letter they have sent. A few more pounds for stress. Someone sued for time wasting calls, not 3, and won.

kyechoy
Regular

Thank you so much. I'll look into this as it seems like I can't solve this issue in any other way...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kyechoy,

I've replied to your PM now, I'm really sorry to hear of your experiences, and I want to reassure you that we certainly do care about our customers. If you've got evidence that DPD returned the router then I'm sure this will be simple to clear up. I've included some info to get you in touch with some colleagues that will take ownership of solving this on the PM.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

kyechoy
Regular

Hello JonathanB,

I really appreciate you took time to read through it all. Unfortunantely, like I've said in the post. I've tried countless times to reach Three using the chat option which it didn't work. I tried to the link you've provided again today and I got the same reply: "The issue is taken care of and I should ignore any payments.". However, this issue escalated to a debt collector. I can't simply "ignore" again, when they tell me I have to pay off this debt. This can have a bad impact in my life going forward.

Unfortunately, as I spoke with CRS already and they told me that I have to pay this value regardless. I don't see any other options besides paying this value...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kyechoy,

Thanks for contacting the team I directed you to. I'll reach out to them to make sure this has been addressed for you. I appreciate that if the response is similar to that of the other teams that it's not reassuring for you. 

Don't feel pressured to make a payment to a collection agency if this is a mistake and there's evidence of it. We have processes to recall any debts that have been filed in error.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

kyechoy
Regular

Hello,

I understand that however the collection agency Three is using doesn't really care (in their own words) that there has been a mistake. All they know is that there's a request for me to pay the debt and if I don't pay it I'll be the one facing the consequences. So with this situation at hand, I've been told to ignore these requests but all that's going to happen is I'll be the one getting a negative impact not Three. If the agency doesn't put the debt on hold until everything is cleared up then I really have no choice here...

Once again, I really appreciate that you're trying to help but it's really hard to believe anything is going to get corrected as this has been going on for more than a year.

I can only wish I was wrong.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @kyechoy,

I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure they won't have meant for you to simply ignore CRS and they'll give up, we have a process to notify them that a debt isn't valid, but it can take a few days for them to acknowledge us.

My understanding of how we handle a situation like this, is that the colleague you chatted with will follow up by email once they've got this all straightened out? I'm sure if you give them a little time they'll get this finally put to rest for you.

Please let me and the community know how things proceed. I can't discuss or disclose account information over a public forum, but I am going to be following your case in the background, and I'll make sure that any feedback we can use to improve is passed on.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Threlly
Involved

Will any damage to @kyechoy 's credit rating be rectified by Three?
I may be wrong but just the action of calling in a debt collector can have serious repercussions.
@kyechoycould have thousands of pounds worth of damage to his financial future due to this.

All due to Three's utter and complete customer service failure.

kyechoy
Regular

That's exactly what I'm wondering and I'm not sure about it...

@JonathanB I wonder if you can shed some light regarding this.