cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone - Google Play/Tiktok Coin Charges

LauraJade1995
Fledgling

My pay monthly phone was unfortunately stolen on the evening of the 3rd of March. The next day, I did all the usual things you would do in this scenario. However, it came to light a month later when I came to pay my phone bill, that the thief had purchased numerous Tiktok Coins, via Google Play, totalling around £110. I have never purchased anything via Google Play nor have I ever purchased Tiktok Coins. Upon speaking to Three on this, they are unable to assist with this as this is a 'third party' charge. At this point I have done everything I can possibly could do, I even had to change my mobile number.

I thought after this, that would be the last of it. However, despite securing my accounts, cancelling cards, the lot, I have received another charge this month, which suggests this has been sent on some sort of 're-occurring' charge.

I just need to ensure this doesn't happen again, can you please offer any advice on this?

30 REPLIES 30
rla
Fledgling

Actually, found out that we can protect ourselves (use sim pin, use e-sim alternatively with strong device authentication, last resort - payg with minimal credit on it)