cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching my long held mobile number from one 3 network account to another 3 network account

Androshigh
Regular

I have had a pay monthly contract with 3 for the last three years. ( I had previously moved my old mobile number from another network)   I saw an offer for a new phone on MSE and have purchased this with a another 3 network plan and asked that my old number be changed over to this new account. 3 emailed to say this would be done yesterday but nothing happened. Live chat inform me it cannot be changed to another account on the same network? Can anyone advise what I should do, I have had my number for years and cannot afford to change it now?

6 REPLIES 6
MZone
Maestro

You need to port out to another network and then port back in - I used giffgaff to do this previously as I had an old active SIM that I didn’t use anymore.

Androshigh
Regular

Thanks I will give this a try.

Androshigh
Regular

So it seems 3 have retired my old number, no warning or consultation! How many people are likely to want a brand new number and have to change everything. Totally ridiculous!

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @Androshigh,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with your phone number,

I have sent you over a PM with a link to our dedicated team to assist you with this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Androshigh
Regular

Thanks JohnM I will give that a try.

LMarciniak
Fledgling

@JohnM I’m also looking to do the same so would you be able to provide the same details you sent to @Androshigh