cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Extended Trip to EU

ianmantra
Fledgling

I have a Simm only phone contract and a Home MiFi contract both of which are unlimited data. Hopefully taking an extended trip to EU which may last anywhere between 3-6months. My question is can I use both of these items while I am there and will I still have unlimited data? Or should I seek another provider while in EU/

Ay advice / info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Best solution
Best solution
MZone
Maestro

You can only use Go Roam for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. To ensure all customers can benefit from roaming, we have put in place the following rules for prolonged periods of roaming.

We'll monitor your usage, and if you spend two complete months in one or more of our Go Roam destinations in a rolling 12-month period, we have the right to suspend international roaming services on your account. This means you'll no longer be able to use your device or allowances abroad. Of course, we’ll let you know in advance if this is likely to happen. You'll need to stop using your roaming services exclusively for roaming in Go Roam destinations and return to the UK to avoid suspension. If you spend a full two months abroad but some of that time is spent in a destination that isn't included in Go Roam, the restriction won't apply.

If you've had international roaming services suspended, and since returned to the UK, please contact us to let us know of the change in your location, and we'll unblock your roaming services.

So I would seek a local SIM/eSIM for the destinations you are staying at.

Have a look at the roaming guide and FAQs here.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
MZone
Maestro

You can only use Go Roam for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. To ensure all customers can benefit from roaming, we have put in place the following rules for prolonged periods of roaming.

We'll monitor your usage, and if you spend two complete months in one or more of our Go Roam destinations in a rolling 12-month period, we have the right to suspend international roaming services on your account. This means you'll no longer be able to use your device or allowances abroad. Of course, we’ll let you know in advance if this is likely to happen. You'll need to stop using your roaming services exclusively for roaming in Go Roam destinations and return to the UK to avoid suspension. If you spend a full two months abroad but some of that time is spent in a destination that isn't included in Go Roam, the restriction won't apply.

If you've had international roaming services suspended, and since returned to the UK, please contact us to let us know of the change in your location, and we'll unblock your roaming services.

So I would seek a local SIM/eSIM for the destinations you are staying at.

Have a look at the roaming guide and FAQs here.

ianmantra
Fledgling

Thanks for your response. Guess my best option would be another provider to cover my entire stay in the EU as the stay will definitely be longer than 2 months.