cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Roaming Charges?

Aghilla
Fledgling

Hello Three Community,

I’m seeking urgent assistance and hoping to get attention from other users and the Three support team regarding a serious issue I’ve encountered.

Background: On 26 May, my Three service was disconnected without any prior warning. I have unlimited minutes and 89% of my data allowance remaining, so there’s no way I exceeded my limits. Upon contacting customer service, I was shocked to learn that my contract start date was changed from 23 September 2021 to 24 December 2021, without my authorization. This change was used to justify new roaming charges that should not apply to my contract, which predates 1 October 2021.

My Actions:

1. I contacted the support several times trying to understand if there was a change to the contract. An agent confirmed (quote) "On 24/12/2021 nothing happens just your plan contract start date has been change. "
  2. 10 days ago I raised a complaint explaining the situation but no response. I asked to explain what changes to my contract occurred on 24th of December, other than the date change - which conveniently makes me liable for new roaming fees.
  3. Since yesterday, I started getting messages that I'm now charged £1.67+ VAT per day for Data Roaming! I never opted for it, and as I said above, my contract should not be subjected to roaming as I joined/upgraded before the 1st of October 2021.

The customer support is extremely poor. The complaints are not being responded to. Three not only change the T&C as they see fit, but also tinker with the account information to justify new fees they come up with.

I then decided to move to PAYG to only use my number for 2FA but I was told it's no longer on offer (but it is on the website!) and the cheapest plan is £6 per month!

If any other users have faced similar issues or can offer advice on how to escalate this matter effectively, please share your experiences. Three support team, please address this issue immediately.

Cheers,

Nat

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Superstar

It might be worth your time raising a complaint via this page https://bit.ly/3RaqpvS

Aghilla
Fledgling

I tried! It's been over 10 days and no response. I also tried the chat option on that page but got a response that there's no available agents, despite contacting within business hours...

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

How did you raise your complaint? 

Pete.

martinski99
Fledgling