cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think i was overcharged massively on this month's bill.

amenah44444
Fledgling

Hi guys, long story short, I broke my phone on  5th March and was not able to buy a new one until 26th March. During this time, I had to select a new SIM plan or would automatically be switched over to a much more expensive 60 GB monthly rolling plan. 

So on 8th March, I used my laptop to switch myself over to an £11 per month SIM contract by using the live chat function on the Three website (because I still could not log onto my account due to not having a phone, and obviously couldn't call customer support either). I was reassured over live chat that I would not be put on the expensive monthly rolling contract and had successfully selected a new one. In fact, I can still see that £11 SIM contract in my purchases (dated 8th March). 

Eventually, I got a new phone, and just totally forgot about all of this—especially because my March bill was around £10. Until I received a text message on 13th April telling me my bill for this month was £31! Shocked, I logged onto my account and saw that even though I had bought the £11 SIM plan, I was somehow given the expensive 60 GB plan straight afterwards and that's what I had been using this whole time? I did not ask for this, and literally signed onto the £11 plan to avoid this very thing! 

I called customer support, and am now on a £9 4 GB 24 month SIM contract—and distinctly remember the person speaking to me reassuring me that I'd avoid the hefty £31 charge because I'm signing onto this plan now? However, today, I have been charged the £31. 

I know that next month I'll be charged normally, and am very happy with my current 24 month SIM plan. BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SIGNED ONTO THE ROLLING PLAN BEFOREHAND WITHOUT NOTICE, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING I SUCCESSFULLY BOUGHT A £11 SIM PLAN JUST IN TIME TO AVOID AUTOMATICALLY BEING SIGNED ONTO ONE? I can literally still see the £11 plan in my purchases—and then right under it a day or two later the rolling monthly plan? What?!

I feel lied to or like a mistake has been made. I don't know who to ask or call anymore. Please, at least explain why this happened and whether or not I can get a partial refund on the £31. 

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Key player

I suggest you get in touch with customer services to discuss this issue. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @amenah44444,

I'm sorry to hear about this, In the situation you described, where you've chosen a plan, and a different one was activated in error for some reason, I certainly expect we could check for evidence of this on the account, and consider applying the difference between the two plans as a credit.

Please let me know a bit more about the situation, and I'll do my best to help, or point you in the right direction.

When was the £9 plan set up, was that also on the 13th April right after you got the bill notification?
Do you remember if there was a specific discussion of any credits or adjustments, or simply that you'd be on £9 from the next payment onwards?
When did the £31 payment get taken from your account? 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.