cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring my number from one 3 account to another

stretch
Fledgling

My current contract with 3 has ended. I have seen a new deal for a new 3 contract with a third-party provider. will I be able to transfer my present number with 3 onto this new account?

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Superstar

You will need to request a PAC to transfer your existing 3 number to another network and then once transferred the day after request a PAC on the new network to transfer it back to your new 3 contract. I believe ASDA do a free pay as you go SIM that you don’t have to top up to do the switch. To get your PAC from 3, text PAC and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stretch,

Phone numbers aren't intended to be transferred from one account to another on the same provider. Assuming you've checked with the upgrades teams and they can't match the 3rd party deal as an upgrade, you could use the method @MZone described.

Or when you've said "third-party provider" did you mean an alternative provider like Smarty or ID who use Three's network? If the switch is to another provider then you can use a PAC to move directly to them.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.