cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To change ownership and debit card of contracted sim

Sabith
Fledgling
  • Hey , I want to change the ownership and debit card linked with my 3 contract plan. The contract is in the name of my friend and i want to change that into mine.
15 REPLIES 15
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hey @Sabith hope you are doing well!

For this to be possible you would need the account holder (your friend) to contact our customer services team via 333 and request for a 'Change of Ownership' into your name. It is a very easy process, and even easier if you are both together at the same time. They will ask a few simple questions and walk you through the process. They can also change the Direct Debit account during the same process for you too 🙂

If you want to change the Direct Debit by yourself; you can easily do this via the Three App in the billing section. Of course, get the account holders permission before doing this 🙂

Hope this helps you out!

Gurung91
Fledgling

Are you sure cause now it feels like 3 is on mission to scaming people, first one your staff says , its easy to change ownership later to your wife’s name , if you want another contract sime in you name and when i did tht and after months, when i call them to change one of number’s into my wife name as she needs for proof of address and other’s things BUT now they say I can’t do it .. itd impossible omg..looks like lot  of indian accent staff has been hired to scam people 

HallieHArman
Fledgling

This should be updated - currently Three cannot transfer an account

Josh1
Fledgling

That's not true, I have requested a change of contract from the Daughter's name to the mother's name, as the mother has been using the same number and paying from her DD  for the last 7 years, many times we spoke to 3 customer service and they said "No worry, we change to mother's name" but the contract is still on daughter's name. I could cancel this contract straightaway but this number is registered with many places like GP, bank etc. extremely to deal with 3 customer service. they don't care. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sabith 

How did you get on with this? Were you able to follow Lee's advice to start the change of ownership?

Pop back and let us know - if it helped, you can accept Lee's answer as the solution to your query 😊

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Ibimalik
Fledgling

Ya I wana change the owner ship to my name and my debit card

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ibimalik,

The current account holder needs to get in touch with 333 as per @LeeT's response on this thread. If they give us a ring we'll be able to help get this all organised for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Josh1
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, it's not true, I talked to Three many times, I wanted to change ownership from Daughter to my mother's name. as my mother has been using my number for 7 years and paying bill from her direct debit. it's just a change of name. The rest are the same but I NEVER get a satisfactory response from Three Customer Service. contact still on my name, I don't know what's wrong with Three. so, please check from your end before mis guide customer. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Josh1,

Sorry for any confusion, you're responding to a post which is over a year old. Although this was accurate at the time of writing, due to some essential system updates, we're not currently offering a change of ownership service.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.