cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock code

Dazzar
Established

I have confirmation that I own my 5g hub and it is not owned by three so why do I need a pin to get into it, does anyone know how to unlock the router from three especially when they do not own it

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazzar,

I don't think we're referring to the same documentation here. The terms I've directed you to say:

"Where we have provided any 5G Equipment this Equipment is not owned by you and is loaned to you for the duration of you taking our Services. The 5G Equipment is supplied to you at no cost and remains the property of Three at all times."

I don't recall that we have ever offered a 5G home broadband plan on an 18 month term so perhaps there's some confusion on the differences between this and an older plan's terms?

With the devices being sold online I assume you mean through 2nd hand marketplaces? Thanks for alerting us to this, I'll certainly feed this back.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazzar,

I'm sorry if there's any confusion on this subject.

All our 5G Home Broadband plans operate under terms and conditions that explicitly state that Three owns the 5G routers. We don't have any policy or services where we sell or transfer ownership of this equipment, and they're only ever given on a loan basis to facilitate access to our network.

This isn't something individual staff members can change or negotiate with you, so I'm sorry if this has led to some sort of misunderstanding, or if someone has given you incorrect information. You can find all the terms documents on our website. There's three different Home Broadband terms at time of writing, dependent on when you joined or upgraded, but they all do cover off that 5G routers remain Three's property.

I hope this helps clear things up,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazzar
Established

The contract states that the router remains the property of three until the contract is fulfilled well after your 18 months or 24 months the contract is fulfilled so no they do not own it, and if they did why are there so many on the internet for sale ? 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazzar,

I don't think we're referring to the same documentation here. The terms I've directed you to say:

"Where we have provided any 5G Equipment this Equipment is not owned by you and is loaned to you for the duration of you taking our Services. The 5G Equipment is supplied to you at no cost and remains the property of Three at all times."

I don't recall that we have ever offered a 5G home broadband plan on an 18 month term so perhaps there's some confusion on the differences between this and an older plan's terms?

With the devices being sold online I assume you mean through 2nd hand marketplaces? Thanks for alerting us to this, I'll certainly feed this back.

JonathanB

Dazzar
Established

Router unlocked and now used by another provider 

Sorinab
Fledgling

Hi Dazzar

I have the same problem, please would you be able to guide me on how to unlock the router? 

Thanks! Sorina

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sorinab,

To my understanding any routers we supplied in the last couple of years aren't actually network locked. Have you tried an alternative SIM in the device yet?

Thanks,
Jonathan