cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded phone and plan

Dave2jackets
Fledgling

I just upgraded my phone and plan from existing 3 account. The plan says I'll have a new sim and number. Does this mean I will be billed for my current plan as well as my new one with the new number? I wanted to keep my old number. Advice needed 

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

Sounds like you have taken a new connection rather than an upgrade. Contact the merchant you purchased it from as you will be billed for 2 connections. If your out of contract on the original one other option is to request a PAC and transfer the number to a PAYG SIM on another network and then once that’s done request a new PAC and transfer your number back to the new Three contract. 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Dave2jackets,

Oh no, that's odd. Did you upgrade through Three directly? 

It may be an automated email you've received. If you've upgraded your existing account, you'll receive a new SIM, however, this would be linked to your original number. Once you pop this into your new device, you should be able to use services as normal. 

Feel free to attach a screenshot of the email here (removing any personal information) and I'll check it out for you.

Alternatively, if you reach out to our Customer Service teams, they'll be able to access your account and confirm.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.