cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was it really Three?

HELENA
Fledgling

I have just had a telephone call claiming to be from Three offering a 45% discount on my bill no strings attached.After being asked to spell my email address 3 times I felt something wasn't quite right,declined the offer and hung up.The telephone number was a Liverpool one.Has anyone else had a call like this and if so was it really Three.

6 REPLIES 6
MZone
Superstar

3 direct usually call from an 03 number so either a scammer or a 3rd party. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is more than likely a scam. Three do their marketing via text with a hyperlink or email and as MZone has said,Three’s numbers always start with 0333. Of course it could be a third party affiliate company selling Three plans quite legitimately but remember the old adage if it seems too good too be true etc etc. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Do you know the number that called you? As MZone and Paddiewack have correctly mentioned, calls from Three will usually have specific start to them. If you can confirm the first 4 digits of the number that called you, it should give us the answer.

Pete.

HELENA
Fledgling

It was a Liverpool number which I rang and it was a car showroom.The staff member I spoke to said they get calls like mine asking if they are Three constantly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scam then. Be careful and don’t take anything on face value.

TJo
Fledgling

Ive just had the same call 5 min ago. Call came from Gravesend. As soon as she said 45% discount I just laughed. If Three offered every customer 45% discount they would be out of business so hung up.