cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play charges after phone stolen

Lthurston13
Fledgling

I have been on the phone to three for two days. My phone was stolen in February and they managed to link my phone number to another google account then spend money that’s been charged to my phone bill. I’ve been getting texts through with them saying they’ve spent the money. I can see it on the incurred charges on my bill. Three have been absolutely useless, they told me I have to take it up with google. So I’ve spent all day doing that, got through but they have said categorically I have to get a Correlation ID from Three. They would not help me or entertain anything else. Three say they cannot give this to me and it’s up to google to deal with it and they don’t have this number. Went back to google who shut it down saying yes they do and they will not help me without it, nothing they can do take it up with Three. Three said again take it up with google. So here I am with someone charging money to my mobile phone bill with absolutely no way to stop this fraud as three don’t take proper precautions or fraud prevention methods when using three pay. I’m still getting texts as they rack up more money but both three and google say it isn’t there responsibility. 

so I’m stuck with thinking the only way to stop it is to pay to get out of my contract and move to an alternative supplier that doesn’t allow this without restrictions such as O2 or Sky who don’t allow it all, as everyday I risk a higher cost from fraud with no way out!

does anyone have any experience of this or managed to get an correlation id? 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your only option (if you haven’t already done so) is to raise a complaint with Three via the homepage. I confess I’ve never heard of a correlation id and so I‘m unable to advise you further. 
I wish you good luck.